Law degree obtained from Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro (J.d. Equivalent).
Graduate studies with honors from Universidad Panamericana on Intellectual Property Law.
Graduate studies from Escuela Libre de Derecho on International Arbitration.
Graduate studies from Escuela Libre de Derecho on Commercial Law.
Graduate studies from Escuela Libre de Derecho on Legal Translation.
Mr. Guerrero focuses primarily on corporate, commercial, real estate, foreign investment, intellectual property and M&A transactions in Mexico. His practice include representing domestic and international clients in complex mergers and acquisitions, commercial, residential and industrial real estate transactions, share and asset purchases, corporate reorganizations and secured transactions throughout Mexico. In addition, he regularly advises domestic and international clients in intellectual property and data protection matters. His clients include large corporations, independently owned businesses, and high net worth individuals. Throughout his career, Mr Guerrero has advised clients from a wide range of industries including automotive, hospitality, real estate, entertainment, pharmaceutical, chemical, finance, construction, retail and food services.
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the International Chamber of Commerce (Mexican Chapter).
- Mr. Guerrero lectures on Corporate Law, Intellectual Property and Commercial Contracts at several law schools throughout Mexico.
From 2003 to 2007 Mr. Guerrero practiced law at Basham Ringe y Correa, S.C.
Spanish and English
- Outside General Counsel of a premier resort in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, handling day to day legal needs, including construction agreements, joint venture agreements, development agreements, hotel management agreements and corporate restructure.
- Represented borrowers in a multimillion dollar credit facility and collateral restructure for a premier resort in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur.
- Represented investors in the purchase of land, construction agreements, access agreement with adjacent development and corporate restructure for a premier resort in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo.
- Represented Non-Mexican buyers with the purchase of luxury real estate in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur; Careyes, Jalisco; San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato; Sayulita, Nayarit.
- Advised private equity firm in the sale of Mexican subsidiaries of global supplier for the gas appliance industry.
- Counseled and represented several hotels and high net worth individuals in insurance claims settlements after the devastating pass of Hurricane Odile in Los Cabos, México.
- Represented private equity firm in the potential acquisition of Mexican Subsidiaries of the largest owner and operator of bowling alleys in the world.
- Represented private equity firm in the acquisition of Mexican Subsidiaries of leading gaming machine supplier.
- Counseled and represented one of the largest local family owned pharmaceutical companies in the potential sale of its shares to a leading global pharmaceutical Company.
- Represented private investor in the acquisition of a hotel in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
- Represented global hospitality company in the acquisition of several hotel properties in Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlán and Sonora, México.
- Represented Canadian investors in the acquisition of assets of a local Tier One supplier to the automotive industry with facilities in San Juan del Rio, Querétaro, Mexico.
- Represented private equity firm in the acquisition of global supplier for gas appliance industry with facilities in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, and Celaya, Guanajuato, México.
- Represented global company in the acquisition of shares of a Mexican Subsidiaries of Tier One supplier for engine components & large aluminum castings with facilities in Silao, Guanajuato.
- Represented global company in the acquisition of local leading provider of ups backup systems, power supply units, power distribution units, and surge protection products.
- Represented local manufacturing company in agreements and joint ventures with global leading companies to develop and manufacture chocolate products.
- Represented foreign private and public companies in structuring its business in Mexico.
- Represented foreign private companies and Mexican subsidiaries in structuring and implementation of Data Protection policies and procedures.
- Counseled and represented private investor with its endeavor in the videogame industry, including the stages of development, marketing and sales of first ever video game to be produced by Mexican company and launched by global publisher.